Projects and Plans for the HETF
LAUPAHOEHOE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
Since the establishment of the HETF in 2007 plans have been underway to construct education and science facilities at both the Laupahoehoe and Puu Waawaa Units of the HETF.
*The final Environmental Assessment (EA) and the Decision Notice and Finding of No Significant Impact for the project have been completed.
The EA Documents Incorporated by Reference include:
- The Watershed and Soils Report
- Wildlife Report
- Botanical Survey of Proposed Facilities and Access Roads: HETF, Laupahoehoe, Hawaii
- Hilo Paliku - Hilo of the Upright Cliffs
- Scenery Report
- Cultural Resources Site Reconnaissance, 2009
- Cultural Resources Site Reconnaissance, 2010
To see information provided during the DRAFT EA period:
To see information provided during the SCOPING process:
HETF acts in partnership with the following organizations: